"Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece." ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Written On the Body: Voice 1

Personal Voice:
"I love you. Why is it that the most unoriginal thing we can say to one another is still the thing we long to hear?" This is the first quote in the novel that really intrigued me. I could not agree more with this statement because when you think about it, 'I love you' is short and unoriginal, yet it is the one statement that is the most self fufilling to someone. This book was probably my favorite book we read in this class because I could relate to it the most. The relationships were not just terrible and not just perfect, they were hard. They had ups and downs and this is what I can relate to. Sometimes I feel a relationship isn't really a relationship if there are no hardships to overcome. I read the back of the book before I started to read it and I realized that the narrator was unknown. For the most part I pictured the narrator as a woman because it was easier for me to relate to thinking that is was a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment