"Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece." ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Voice 2

Voice: Critic

Written on the Body was a very interesting and well written book, but I think it would have helped the reader understand the book better if we knew the gender of the narrator. When first reading the book I was a bit confused as to who the character was and took it upon myself to assume it was a woman. When we hear stories about love and relationships, we tend to associate that with women. I enjoyed the stories of love and heartache and making sacrifices that were included in this novel. I think any person could put themselves in the situations that the characters were in; especially the break up with Louise. Overall I really enjoyed the book even though it did not always make sense to me, but maybe that is the point; Love doesn't always make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment